ski holiday japan
Situated in the breathtakingly beautiful Northern Japan Alps, Hakuba stands out as one of Japan’s top winter resort areas, offering some of the best winter sports action in Japan. The host of the 1998 Nagano Winter Olympics, Hakuba comprises nine ski resorts stretched across a broad valley, and provides more terrain, vertical rise and advanced ski and snowboard slopes than anywhere in Japan. Abundant snow falls and excellent powder conditions make Hakuba a perennial top choice of skiers and snowboarders from around the world.
9 resorts, 135 lifts, over 200 runs
For more than 70 years, Hakuba has been providing skiers, boarders and outdoor enthusiasts the ideal conditions for enjoying a superlative winter sports experience. Over 200 different trails, exceptional powder and some of the longest vertical skiing in Japan are just a few of the reasons why Hakuba has earned its reputation as a prime destination for skiers and boarders of all levels.
Whether you are a beginner looking for ski/snowboard lessons to learn to link turns on the green runs, an advanced skier/snowboarder ready to take it to the park and work on your freestyle skills or somewhere in-between, our ski school offers friendly, personal and professional service. All our instructors speak fluent English, hold first aid and instructing certificates and come with glowing recommendations; as well we have instructors who speak French, Spanish and more.
Winter in Tokyo
Defeat the biting cold with hearty food, warm baths, and enchanting holiday illuminations
The chill of winter means you’ll have to come extra prepared to brave the elements, packing scarves, gloves, down jackets, and more. Once you acclimate to the cold, you’ll find the city is full of enchanting spectacles, soothing food, and centuries-old rituals. What’s more, the crisp air, deep blue skies, and minimal rain make for incredible views across the city and surrounding countryside.
- With temperatures averaging between 32 to 47 degrees Fahrenheit, be sure to come prepared with a heavy jacket, muffler, and winter cap
- If you’re still having trouble dealing with the chill, go to any convenience store and purchase a box of hokkairo disposable heating pads that you can adhere to the inside of your shoes, gloves, and jackets
- The low humidity in winter results in crystal clear views, so you may be able to see the silhouette of Mt. Fuji from the top of Tokyo Skytree
- February 8 – 18, 2019
Your package includes:
- Round Trip NYC – Tokyo
- Private Round-Trip Transfers from airport and to each hotel
- Meet and Greet with English Speaking Representative
- 2 nights lodging in Tokyo
- 7 nights lodging in Hakuba
- Daily buffet breakfast
- All Taxes and fuel charges
- 5-Day Ski Pass included
- Snow Monkeys Tour
- Group Discounted Trip Insurance 6% Trip Cost [regardless of age]
- $3,395 – per person, double occupancy
- $1,895 without air – per person, double occupancy