The breathtaking views are just a part of what makes Telluride stand out among mountain destinations.
Stashed among the highest concentration of 14,000 foot peaks in North America, Telluride’s spectacular scenery is undeniably some of the most beautiful in the Rockies.
Historic buildings, quaint bakeries and local watering holes blend with luxury hotels, five-star restaurants, sophisticated shops and some of the finest spas in the world. There’s no traffic or long lines for shuttle buses, and in most cases no driving after you’ve arrived, as Telluride’s free gondola is the main source of transportation.
Linking the historic Town of Telluride and the modern Mountain Village, the gondola is the only transportation system of its kind in North America. Running daily from 7 am to midnight, the 13-minute gondola ride eliminates the 20-minute, 8-mile drive between both towns
A spirit of adventurous individualism permeates the town and defines the region. The friendly, open-hearted residents and genuine community spirit of Telluride shape a sense of inclusiveness and belonging that everyone can experience and enjoy.
- Base Elevation: 8,725 feet (2,659 m)
- Lift-Served: 12,570 (3,831 m)
- Maximum: 13,150 feet (4,008 m)
- Lift-Served Vertical Drop: 3,845 feet (1,172 m)
- Lift Capacity: 22,386+ skiers per hour
- Average Annual Snowfall: 309 inches (789 cm)
- Vertical Drop: 4,425 feet (1,349 m)
- Trail Difficulty: 23% Beginner, 36% Intermediate, 41% Advanced / Expert
- Total Trails: 127
- Longest Run: 4.6 miles (7.4 km), "Galloping Goose"
- Total Lifts:
2 high-speed gondolas,
7 high-speed quads, 1 fixed quad, 2 triples,
2 doubles, 2 surface lifts and 2 magic carpets