Custom designed mountain vacations in Switzerland
Grand Hotel National, Lucerne
5-STAR LAKESIDE HOTEL IN THE HEART OF SWITZERLAND
Historic – and surprisingly different. At the Grand Hotel National Lucerne, guests feel the charm of the past and the liveliness of the present, combined with warm hospitality.
The five-star city hotel on Lake Lucerne has 41 guest rooms and suites. In addition, the hotel houses 22 residences, state-of-the-art office space, six catering outlets, two ballrooms, conference rooms and a pool floor with sauna.
The Grand Hotel National AG “Fashionable since 1870”, owned by Raimondo Erculiani, is not just a hotel, but an oasis of creativity and inspiration. Each room tells a story and offers a unique experience. From elegant classic rooms to luxurious residences with breathtaking views of Lake Lucerne.
Extend your Swiss Alps ski experience, visit Lucerne
Lucerne City is truly called the “Heart of the Country”. Thanks to its location, Lucerne is ranked among the prettiest cities in the world. Therefore, it is a central point to start or end your trip in Switzerland.
Lucerne is a charming city on a picturesque lake surrounded by majestic mountains. Thus, it captures the visitors with its magnificent panoramic views. Your pre or post-ski trip to Lucerne can give you the most rewarding aspects of any other ski trip to Europe.
Lucerne is best known for the wooden bridge spanning the river to connect the city. The most famous and Europe’s oldest one is the Chapel Bridge dating back to the 14th century. This pedestrian bridge is decorated with pictures representing Lucerne’s history.
All along the lakeside are located many cafes and restaurants, where you can relax and admire the incredible view.
Your Swiss ski vacation in Switzerland will certainly become unforgettable by adding a few more nights in Lucerne.
Here is a sample of our Swiss Winter Wonderland itinerary
- Fly in and out of Zurich Airport
- Take a train to Lucerne (1 hour and 10 minutes only)
- Spend a night or two in Grand Hotel National, Lucerne on the way to the mountains
- Take a train to the ski resort
- Stay for 7 nights in one of many Swiss ski resorts such as: Engelberg, Andermatt, St. Moritz, Zermatt, Saas Fee, Gstaad, Verbier, Davos & Klosters, Flims & Laax, Arosa & Lenzerheide, Crans Montana, Grindelwald or Wengen
- Ski for 6 full days
- Take a train back to Lucerne for a stopover on the way back to Zurich Airport
- Fly back home
Please reach out to us and we will make this trip happen for you.
Lucerne’s top sightseeing places for visitors
- Swiss Museum of Transport
- Lucerne Culture and Convention Center
- The Congress Center with an architectural design
- Jesuit Church “Jesuitenkirche”
- Saint Paul’s Church
- The Nine Towers
- The Town Hall “Rathaus”
- Bourbaki Panorama Lucerne
- Glacier Garden near the renowned Lion Monument
Swiss Museum of Transport
Switzerland’s most-visited museum is a place to experience the history of road-, rail, water- and air-borne mobility, as well as that of space travel. Its interactive attractions are sure to win you over – whatever the weather. Switzerland’s largest cinema screen in the Filmtheatre presents documentary films in XXL format. Meanwhile, the country’s largest, most modern Planetarium offers 360-degree flights to the stars. The Media World is where you’ll unearth new communication trends. And discover how famous Swiss chocolate is made from cocoa beans at the Swiss Chocolate Adventure visitor experience.
Winter activities in Lucerne
February 8-13, 2024
January 11-21, 2024